Moorhead, Minn. (December 3, 2020) – The Fargo Moorhead West Fargo Chamber is excited to host a virtual legislative preview summit in advance of both Minnesota and North Dakota’s legislative sessions, as well as the next Congress.
“As we prepare for these important sessions in North Dakota, Minnesota, and Washington, D.C., it is critically important for our business community to hear from our elected officials and their plans to aid in the recovery of our economy,” Chamber Vice President of Finance and Operations Jim Parsons said. “We need them to stay in close contact with our members and continue the dialogue to develop solutions to the challenges faced by businesses in our states.”
The events will be held over four days, starting Monday, December 14, through Thursday, December 17. They will be hosted live via Zoom, and are open to the public at no cost. Registration is open, and more information is online, at fmwfchamber.com/legislative-summit.
The Legislative Preview Summit’s presenting sponsor is Primacy Strategy Group (PSG), a full-service government relations and public affairs firm with offices in Minnesota, North Dakota and Washington, D.C. Policy experts from PSG will serve as moderators for each of the panels. “Our team at PSG is honored to have opportunity to partner with The Chamber to be the presenting sponsor for this incredible multi-day legislative kickoff event”, said Ryan Kelly, CEO and President of PSG. “Our government relations professionals in North Dakota, Minnesota, and Washington, D.C., are well-suited to lead what I’m sure will be fascinating discussions and insights from the region’s top elected officials.”
North Dakota Leadership Policy Panel | Monday, December 14, 2 to 3:30 p.m. CT
- Confirmed panelists: Governor Doug Burgum (R, ND), Senate Majority Leader Rich Wardner (R, D37),Senate Minority Leader Joan Heckaman (D, D23), House Majority Leader Chet Pollert (R, D29) and House Minority Leader Josh Boschee (D, D45)
- Topics: COVID-19 and its impact on health, safety and state and local economies, budgetary and funding challenges and opportunities, energy impacts, lignite resources and reimagining state government
Cass County Legislative Policy Panel | Tuesday, December 15, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. CT
- Confirmed panelists: Senator Judy Lee (R, D13)Senator Ron Sorvaag (R, D45), Senator Jim Roers (R, D46) and Representative Karla Rose Hanson (D, D44)
- Topics: 2021 legislative session priorities, 2021-2023 budgeting, healthcare delivery on the prairie, bridging education and workforce development and FM Area Diversion Project
Minnesota Policy Panel | Wednesday, December 16, Exact time TBD
- Confirmed panelists: Governor Tim Walz (D, MN) [invited], Senator Kent Eken (D, D4), Representative Paul Marquart (D, D4B)and Representative-elect Heather Keeler (D, D4A)
- Topics: 2021 legislative session priorities, biennial budget, health care including rural access, taxes, education funding and distance learning, and road and bridge funding
Federal Policy Panel | Thursday, December 17, Exact time TBD
- Confirmed panelists: Senator Amy Klobuchar (D, MN) [invited],Senator John Hoeven (R, ND), Representative Kelly Armstrong (R, ND) andRepresentative-elect Michelle Fischbach (R, MN-D7)
- Topics: Federal impacts on MN and ND regarding post-election and presidential transition status, stimulus and fiscal year 2021 budget outlook, COVID-19 and other priorities
About The Chamber
The Fargo Moorhead West Fargo Chamber of Commerce is a bi-state, regional federation of more than 2,000 private, public and non-profit member firms representing more than 109,000 people. The largest local chamber in North Dakota and Minnesota, The Chamber advocates for a strong metropolitan community and supports the interests of its members, which are located in Cass and Clay Counties and beyond.
About Primacy Strategy Group
Primacy Strategy Group is a 50/50 joint-venture between Lockridge Grindal Nauen P.L.L.P. (LGN), a Minnesota-based law and lobbying firm, and Synergetic Endeavors (SE), a St. Paul-based consulting firm specializing in grassroots advocacy, public relations, coalition building and association management. This dynamic partnership combines the talents of the two firms providing clients with a comprehensive suite of services throughout the United States and in Washington, D.C.
Amanda Huggett, Communications and Marketing Manager, FMWF Chamber
218.359.0526 | email@example.com