Chief of Staff
Primacy Strategy Group (PSG) is seeking a dynamic individual to join our growing business as Chief of Staff. In this high-visibility role, you will partner with the CEO and the executive team to ensure effective decision-making, execution and communication strategies are deployed across all business lines. You will assist in efforts to expand the nationwide legislative strategy. You will be a thought partner to the CEO and, at times, may be a representative on their behalf. As the Chief of Staff you will support our chief executive’s efforts across Primacy Strategy Group and Synergetic Endeavors business lines.
PSG operates at the intersection of government, business, and communications. Primacy Strategy Group is a 50/50 joint-venture between Lockridge Grindal Nauen P.L.L.P. (LGN), a Minnesota-based law firm with state and federal lobbying teams, and Synergetic Endeavors (SE), a St. Paul-based consulting firm specializing in grassroots advocacy, public relations, coalition building and association management. This dynamic partnership combines the talents of the two firms providing clients with a comprehensive suite of services with offices in St. Paul, MN, Bismarck, ND and Washington, D.C. Primacy Strategy Group is proud to represent a wide range of local governments, corporations, small businesses, and non-profits in Washington, D.C. We are an entrepreneurial and dynamic workplace that operates at a fast pace on varied and complex client issues.
The successful candidate will have a track record of managing complexity with composure, developing, and streamlining organizational processes, and delivering results. PSG is seeking a dynamic individual with an entrepreneurial spirit, an operational problem-solver with a strategic mindset, exceptional judgement, and discretion, strong interpersonal and writing skills. Someone who builds consensus, is an effective communicator and can keep the team aligned on client priorities and objectives. This individual would not only help continue to develop and refine the firm’s strategic vision but will be instrumental in the tactical deployment and implementation of it.
As the Chief of Staff, you will help ensure the strategic use of the CEO’s time and travel. You will oversee the work of the Director of Advance and Logistics and the CEO’s Executive Assistant to ensure effective use of the CEO’s time and attention. The Chief of Staff will support the CEO’s interactions with the firm’s leadership team, and other staff as well as external partners. You will help align mission and goals with excellence in execution across all PSG business lines; and ensure follow through on priorities and decisions of the CEO and the leadership team. You will facilitate timely decision-making and a productive balance between short-term and long-term priorities; and ensure effective internal communications.
- Assist CEO in executing significant strategic, operational, and organizational priorities to facilitate ongoing excellence.
- Implement team efficiency, ensuring time, information, and decision processes all function effectively.
- Overseeing strategy, policy implementation, and strategic communications.
- Oversee and drive the work of all of the firm’s staff.
- Serve as an advisor and thought partner to the CEO.
- In conjunction with senior staff develop and refine Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that improve information flow related to decision-making and execution.
- Provide counsel to the CEO regarding priorities, planning, execution, and evaluating opportunities.
- Represent the CEO with internal and external stakeholders as needed and contribute to building and maintaining client relationships.
- Lead or work on strategic initiatives at the request of the CEO.
- Partner with the CFO to bolster the strategy and budgeting process across the organization.
- Ensure there is a timely and proactive flow of communication within the executive team and with all staff.
- Collaborate with CEO to grow the internal infrastructure necessary to support the firm’s expansion and growing businesses.
- Foster an environment of integrity, open communication, and principled leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years of experience in successful and complex organizations, including at least three years in a leadership, management, or supervisory role.
- Experience serving as chief of staff or senior advisor is a plus.
- Significant experience in planning and leading successful initiatives from concept through planning and execution.
- Experience working with elected officials at the local, state, and federal levels of government.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and demonstrated competency in timely and high-quality execution in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to influence positive change, as well as build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to anticipate and avert problems.
- Executive presence, with a high degree of professionalism, situational sensitivity, and emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- A keen understanding of how to operationalize strategy and the ability to synthesize information, develop options, and recommend a plan of action.
- Commitment to continuous self and organizational improvement.
Please send resume and cover letters to Careers@PrimacySG.com. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The Primacy Strategy Group is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer